"Where do babies go when they die? In all of human existence, I’m sure there is nothing more heart breaking than losing a
child, no matter what the age is. As Christians, when we decide what to believe on topics like this, we want to decide for biblical, not sentimental reasons!
God loves children:
- Psalm 127:3 – “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
- Luke 18 – “Let the children come unto me, and do not hinder them, for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
However, there is an age of accountability. Throughout Scripture, there does appear to be an “age of accountability,” obviously, even though every child is born into sin, a toddler cannot comprehend the gospel story! God recognizes this:
- Deuteronomy 1:39 – “Your little ones…who have no knowledge of good and evil… will go in there.”
- Isaiah 7:1416 – “Before the boy knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land whose two kings you dread will be deserted.”
David offers hope that those who haven’t reached the age of accountability go to heaven:
- In 2 Samuel 12:23, David is mourning the death of his infant child, and here’s what he says: “Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.”
Understand, that when you answer a question like that, you need to answer it with
Scripture, like we have just done."
What joy and peace we have knowing that Chad and Courtney are worshipping Jesus with their daughter right now.
(For further reading on this subject check out John Macarthur's book "Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child)
Posted by Caleb