"Some bullet thoughts on separation while I should be studying for my Greek test --
- Separation is a doctrine that I love because I believe that God loves it.
- Just because separating from a brother makes me feel uncomfortable,doesn't mean that it isn't necessary at times.
- Separation involves more than just separating unto the gospel.
- That doesn't mean that separating unto the gospel is not important.
- If you believe that the Bible is enough, and therefore because the Bible doesn't say something explicit about "x", then God is okay with "x", then you probably aren't doing enough with your Bible.
- If the Bible addressed every issue that is relevant to every culture in ever time, it would be bigger than the Library of Congress.
- The issue is not defining acceptable music, dress, standards, entertainment, etc. The issue is defining worldliness.
- Holiness is the only proper basis for love, and there is no holiness apart from love.
Posted by Caleb