1. You will waste your trial if you don't see it as a gift from God.
- "He (Job) said,'Naked I came from my mother’s womb,And naked I shall return there.The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away.Blessed be the name of the Lord.'Through all this Job did not sin nor did he blame God." (Job 1:21-22)
- "Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me,“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12:7-10)
2. You will waste your trial if your focus is on getting through the pain.
- "More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ." (Phil. 3:8)
- "Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions." (Col. 1:24)
3. You will waste your trial if you grieve as though you have no hope.
- "But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope." (1 Thess. 4:13)
- "We are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord." (2 Cor. 5:8)
- "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." (Rom. 8:18)
4. You will waste your trial if you treat sin as casually as you did before.
- "Before I was afflicted I went astray, But now I keep Your word." (Psalm 119:64)
- "Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God."(1 Peter 4:1-2)
5. You will waste your trial if you let it drive you into solitude.
- "But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy in the faith." (Phil. 1:23-25)
Posted by Caleb