In every trial you face God is seeking to teach you something. When you are hurting you can be sure that God has something to tell you - something for your good and His glory. The Bible consistently points us the truth that God uses suffering and pain (trials) to make us more like his son (sanctification). While it is appropriate to pray for healing and/or deliverance from your pain, it is possible to waste so much of what God is trying to teach you in the midst of your trial.
1. You will waste your trial if you don't see it as a gift from God.
2. You will waste your trial if your focus is on getting through the pain.
3. You will waste your trial if you grieve as though you have no hope.
4. You will waste your trial if you treat sin as casually as you did before.
5. You will waste your trial if you let it drive you into solitude.
Posted by Caleb