Peccable: Jesus was able to sin, but he chose not to.
Im-Peccable: Jesus was not even able to sin & He did not sin.
- Both sides agree that Jesus did not sin: (1 Cor. 5:21 – “He hath made him to be sin for us…”; I Peter 2:22 – “He commited no sin.)
- Peccable: Heb. 4:15 – “He was tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin.”
I do not believe that Jesus was able to sin, and let me tell you why.
- If Jesus could have sinned, he would still be able to sin today since he remains forever God and man.
- To believe that Jesus could sin is to believe that God could sin (Col. 2:19 – “For in Christ, all the fullness of deity lives in bodily form.”
- Although Jesus was human like we are, he was not born with the same sinful nature that we are born with. He retained God’s nature. He certainly was tempted as we are, but he was incapable of sinning because God is incapable of sinning (Matt. 4:1, Heb. 2:18, James 1:13).
- Someone does not have to experience something in order to understand it.
Posted by Caleb